- Make 1 min chit-chat and make the interviewer smile.
- IF you’re asked, say one or two nice things about yourself, but keep it SHORT.
- Follow the Framework for coding interviews.
- If you get follow-up questions, still follow the damn framework.
- Ask some End of interview questions about the company or the role.
- Be enthusiastic. Thank the interviewer for their time. Say you had FUN.
- If you want, you can ask for their contact. Follow up the next day with a note, thanking the interviewer for their time. It’s nice to include a personal touch, such as a moment from the interview.1
Some interviewers like this follow-up thing, and some don’t. Personally, I wouldn’t. ↩
Links to this note
tl;dr; This applies to Big Tech and other companies who are applying similar interviewing strategies. - Spend 2 weeks reading “Cracking the Coding Interview” and familiarizing yourself with the process....